Here is a recipe I posted last February just in time for Valentine’s Day. Buffalo mozz is one of my hubby’s favs and here is a great way to make it perfect for a Valentine meal. Enjoy:
Here is a great idea for a quick but impressive appetizer. I LOVE buffalo mozzarella and usually want to down it in two bites, but at a hefty price tag it makes a little more sense to serve it as a heavenly appetizer. Here’s a quick recipe I put together the other night inspired by a dish I had recently at a mozzarella bar. Make sure you source excellent quality cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar – quality ingredients make all the difference.
Also, head to your local Italian market to find the garlic and hot pepper base, they usually have a great selection of pickled items that provide great crunch and contrast to your creamy, yummy cheese.
Last but not least, a sprinkle of micro greens add the perfect finish.
Buffalo Mozz Apps with Pickled Garlic, Hot Peppers and Parsley Pesto
1 6 ounce Buffalo Mozzarella
1 tsp Divella pickled garlic and hot peppers
1 tbsp crushed roasted pine nuts
1 tsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
2 drops agave
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
handful of micro greens
1. Take mozzarella, use heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out and spread Divella over top.
2. Make pesto: chop parsley, crush pine nuts, add olive oil, agave, salt and cracked pepper, combine.
3. Drizzle pesto over top of cheese.
4. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
5. Garnish with micro greens and pomegranate seeds.