Here is a fabulous recipe I developed for my friends at blisstree.com for their brunch-off series. It was too good to keep to myself, so I decided to share. No matter what the season, there are always spring onions available, so here is a delicious, easy way to jazz up your breakfast/brunch. Enjoy!
Poached Eggs with Roasted Spring Onion Salsa
splash white vinegar
3 tbsps ricotta cheese
1 bunch spring onions
4 sundried tomatoes
3 tbsps roasted hazelnut oil
2 tbsps olive oil
salt and pepper
pinch coarse sugar
1. Set oven to broil.
2. On a roasting pan, drizzle onions with roasted hazelnut oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
3. Roast until lightly browned and caramelized, about 8 minutes on high. Coarsely chop.
4. Prep sun dried tomatoes in 1/3 cup hot water to plump for 5 mins. Coarsely chop.
5. Lightly toast focaccia.
6. Combine tomatoes and onions. Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. If desired, you can add some cayenne for a hit of spicy goodness.
7. Heat water and a splash of vinegar to a light simmer. Poach your egg.
8. Assemble; spread a little of salsa on your bread, add ricotta, top with egg and loads of yummy salsa.
yummy sundried tomatoes
gorgeous salsa packed with flavor
the beginnings of this perfect sandwhich – make sure to get some quality ricotta