This is an awesome appetizer recipe. It looks impressive, is easy to put together and tastes over the top delicious. You may choose to make it as a full size pizza, or use the idea for a fabulous panino, but here I made it to serve to guests at a backyard BBQ, ingredients pulled right off the grill and assembled in a snap. YUM!
1 package store bought pizza dough
1 container (500 gr) ricotta cheese
2 tbsps honey
2 tbsps olive oil
2 tbsps store bought pesto
salt and fresh cracked pepper to season
1. I like to use a multi-grain dough to create a mini pizza that’s a little more rustic. Rip apart the dough into golfball size pieces and pinch apart with your fingers. The more organic the better. Use flour if dough is sticky to help you shape.
2. Grill sausages on the BBQ (this step can be done ahead of time). Slice and set aside. I’ve used a turkey sausage here to create an appetizer that is a little lighter, but feel free to use whatever sausage you like.
3. Grill little mini pieces on an oiled BBQ on high heat for about 3 mins per side.
4. Assemble pizza’s. Lightly drizzle some olive oil and salt on pizza base.
5. Add a healthy dollop of ricotta cheese.
6. Drizzle with honey and cracked black pepper.
7. Top with sausage slices and some pesto.
8. Serve immediately.